OG801 Liquid Bright Gold
Add some brilliant accents of bright gold to your special projects!
How to use Precious Metals
1. Be sure that the surface of your piece is free of dust, skin oils and lotions
to ensure proper adhesion. Wipe surfaces with rubbing alcohol prior to applying
the overglaze (except when used over crackle glazes).
2. Always apply with a brush that is designated solely for use with the Gold to
3. Do not stir or shake glaze.
4. Place a small amount of overglaze on a glazed palette. Apply one smooth coat.
Do not let the Gold pool in an area; brush it out smoothly.
5. Correct application should produce a even red tint.
6. Clean brush in Essence and let dry.
7. Overglazed ware can be fired while it is still wet. The kiln must be clean,
well-ventilated (do not overload) and follow a normal firing schedule. Do not
touch wet decoration and handle as little as possible until ware is fired to avoid smudging.
8. Stilt and fire the Gold to shelf cone 019-018.
Tips & Techniques
1. The appearance of Gold will vary with the type of glaze over which it is
applied. When applied over a gloss glaze, Gold will be shiny. When applied over
a matte glaze, Gold will be dull.
2. If Gold is accidentally applied on the wrong area, dip a cotton swab in
Essence and wipe off misplaced color.
3. If any areas are missed, go back and touch up before Gold dries.
4. If using a metallic overglaze and Mother of Pearl on the same piece, apply
and fire the metallic overglaze first.
5. For solid coverage with Gold, apply over a grey glaze or a grey underglaze
covered by clear glaze.